Thursday, March 31, 2005

"Watching me from up above"

The title is a line from the Josh Groban song To Where You Are.

Out of respect and waiting and watching how things were going to unfold I had decided to keep quiet about this topic. Then today I recieved the news while I was working earlier today.

Terri Schiavo had passed away today at 9 (or 9:05) AM.

When I first learned of Terri, both sides of her family and their situation, I was on the husband's side. A husband should know what a wife wants. Then I found out the husband was not as loyal as a husband should be. Not only did he have a girlfriend (or "common law wife" as I've heard some people say) he had children, 2 children, with her. Big red flag because, for me, that tells me he has motive and may not be thinking in his ailing wife's best interest. Other things I had learned over the last couple of days had made me gradually side with Terri's parents. Michael Schiavo, to even my boss, seemed and still seems like a heartless bastard.

In response to the government intervening, I'm split. I didn't feel it was right in one aspect, then I think it was right in another aspect. I was suprised to see Jesse Jackson in front of the camera during the last days of Terri. Mel Gibson also had his say in this case.

I don't want feminist groups that say they "speak for all women" to ever open their mouths again. Besides the "Concerned Women for America" (are they feminist?) I didn't hear any other women's groups. You mean to tell me an "evil man" is killing one of your "sisters" and you're not helping her? I hate feminism, but you already know that if you've read some of my previous posts. There was dispute over Terri's wishes, so please don't say it was "her wish".

I don't believe this controversy is going away any time soon. We have opened Pandora's Box and even Hope has escaped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home