Thursday, January 27, 2005

Huh?

Last night, I had a talk with a god-relative concerning topics such as Condoleezza Rice, the Republican Party, Colin Powell and Clarence Thomas. It really struck me that she thinks the following things.

She believes:

  • The Republicans didn't want Condoleezza Rice to be Secretary of State.
    If they didn't the Democrats that were against her really hogged the spotlight

  • The Republican Party was brought together to keep black people slaves.
    Last time I checked in my books or on educational sites like Houghton-McMillian(?) it was the Democratic Party...

  • The Republican Party had nothing to do with black people gaining civil rights.
    But they were the ones to pass the 13th, 14th, 15th ammendments and Civil Rights acts

  • The Republican Party is just a bunch of rich white men.
    A visit to Booker Rising and a couple of other sites will settle that quick, fast and in a hurry

  • Black people who go to the Republican Party are going for the money or they hate themselves.
    I'm neither rich or hate myself. My parents let me research and decide for myself. Yes, they're Democrat, STAUNCH Democrat.
  • If only Colin Powell had turned Democrat, he would have been President or Vice President.
    Why does it matter? If you like him, you like him, if you don't, you don't.

  • She just flat out HATES Clarence Thomas
    The reason? He's ugly and he's married to a white woman. Oy vey...

And the kicker....

  • Bill Clinton was the best president (being the first "black one" and all) EVER.
    I'm not touching this one. Not that I don't think he was a good president, just not the best one ever...

I love her, but where did she learn some of this stuff? I'm kinda scared to tell her Frederick Douglass was a libertarian Radical Republican...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home